Wednesday, May 6, 2020

National Travel Agent Day


It's my day!!   National Travel Agent Day is celebrated the first Wednesday of May each year, typically smack dab in the middle of National Travel & Tourism Week.  It's been a difficult year for travel.   2020 started out promising to be a banner year for myself & so many of my colleagues.  Then COVID-19 happened.  Never has my industry experienced a catastrophic event of this magnitude. Ever.  

I put my heart & soul into planning each & every trip for my clients, so to spend the last few months dismantling trips that took hours, days, weeks or sometimes months to plan is heartbreaking.   Thankfully, most of my clients have simply moved their trips to later this year or to 2021.  I know that travel will return.  In fact, to my surprise today I received a trip request for 3 corporate travelers planning a trip for June 1st.  I know that my Corporate "road warriors" are eager to get back out to doing what they do best, meeting their clients, training their clients, making sales calls etc.  Though platforms like Zoom & GoToMeeting have been life-saving tools for all us during this isolation period, I truly believe it does not replace that face to face contact that we crave, even if it must be from 6 feet apart for now.  

My vacation clients are eager to plan their next trip, they are just waiting it out right now to see when destinations will be welcoming tourists once again.  I anticipate the USA, Canada, Mexico & the Caribbean to be the "hot" destinations for awhile.  Personally, I plan to travel as soon as we can & hopefully before our planned Disney Cruise in September!   

In the meantime,  I'm  so honored to fill the role of helping my customers dream for now; I'm so looking forward to turning those dreams into reality soon. Thank you for being my customers and friends!

One of my colleagues posted  this meme, which made me smile.  


No comments:

Post a Comment